Sunday, February 25, 2007

Super Sunday!

Allora, today is a momentous day for three distinct reasons!

1. I was able to purchase an awesome 35 to 70 mm lens with a 2.8 f-stop for 40 euro. Not amazing, but not all of my photos will be wide angle anymore. Framing architecture is great with a wide angle, but not for portraits or any sort of focused composition. I bought it at the Port-a-Portese market down the street from us which is home to some of the strangest merchandise and characters. Although, this really is only slightly more exciting than the 27th St. flea market that happens on the weekends in New York. Mostly because I have to bargain in Italiano. I'm not so good in English, but I do feel more comfortable being vocal and pushy in Italian... Maybe not the best way to learn a language.

2. I played 'calcio' today which is Soccer in American. We played in the Circus Maximus which is now a big grass field but used to be a Circus used for chariot races (think Ben Hur). There was something quite impressive about playing soccer on a sports arena used almost two thousand years ago. And I scored a goal.

3. Last but certainly not least, I thought I would celebrate this moment by writing an unusually out of routine blog entry. This, of course, refers to getting internet at home! Yes. I'm writing this from my living room. Not studio like I have been for the past month. So expect me to be more connected than usual!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on discovering Calcio, hopefully you will actually go see Roma and Totti... I mean really these buildings are gonna be there for a while but you only have a few more years to watch Totti

Eaux said...

gooooooooooooooollllllllllll!!!! scoring in the Circus Maximus is a bit more impressive than in prospect park;)-
please, please, please try to go watch man united v. roma in the champions league - Wednesday, April 4 - 20:45 - Stadio Olimpico. the florence update was awesome (and quite educational for an architectural neophyte, which i certainly am). enjoy the pizza and chips, but use caution with the expresso and snickers. you are a true professional, but that combination can be highly flammable when put in contact with the human digestive system.